PEAP authentication with freerad ?

thomas hahusseau thomas.hahusseau at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:36:39 CEST 2006

Hello,

I would like to use PEAP to perfome authentication of wlan users , I choose
PEAP because Users and Passwords are in an LDAP Server (OPEN-LDAP).
According to me PEAP works like this :

Phase 1 :: TLS handshake the server authenticate to the client as a trusted
radius serveur and a cipher tunel is created.
Phase 2 :: Login + Password + Domain hashed with MD5 are send to the Radius
Server which ask LDAP server for password and login.

acording to the doc file :  realm_eap , freeradius supports only eap-tls
(authentication based only on certificates (client + server ) lead and
eap-MD5 ( according to me even if PEAP use MD5 hash , the EAP-MD5 is
different with no mutual autenthication and no TLS handshake )

I dont want to use a full certifcate based solution like EAP-TLS or a
authentification with no ciphered tunel like with EAP-MD5

Anyone could help me for using PEAP (or at least authentication with the two
phases described upper) with freeradius ?

thank you.

Ps : sorry for english mistakes :)