modcall[authorize] after Access-Accept

Ryan Melendez rmelendez at wayport.net
Wed Jun 7 18:52:39 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have both the realm and sql modules in my authorize section.  After
freeradius receives an Access-Accept it processes the authorize section.
It is not clear to me why, but I assume this is intentional based on
debug messages:

  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
    rlm_realm: Proxy reply, or no User-Name.  Ignoring.
  modcall[authorize]: module "realmslash" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: Proxy reply, or no User-Name.  Ignoring.
  modcall[authorize]: module "realmat" returns noop for request 0

My problem is that the sql module is called after the realm modules and
querys the db.  I don't know why this would ever be necessary, but it is
undesirable for my configuration.  I cannot simply group 'realmslash'
and 'relamat' and return if 'noop'.  This would cause a 'LOCAL' realm to
skip the sql.  I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ryan