need help from FR gurus.

K. Hoercher wbhoer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 20:18:46 CEST 2006

On 6/9/06, Abul Monsur Mannan <monsurc1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> rlm_sql (sql): "/usr/local/src/freeradius-1.1.1/src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql"
> is NOT an SQL driver!
> radiusd.conf[14]: sql: Module instantiation failed.
> radiusd.conf[1798] Unknown module "sql".
> radiusd.conf[1727] Failed to parse authorize section.
>
> Is there any GURU  to help me out of this problem.

No guru needed up to now (not wanting to picture myself even remotely
as one *g*)
However it looks like you want some setup more closely related to a default one.
No need and most probably place for
"/usr/local/src/freeradius-1.1.1/src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql"
in your sql.conf. Your should keep it to the provided "rlm_sql_mysql"
for now.

Furthermore you seem to rely on the compiled source tree of freeradius
as an installation. That doesn't provide a sane environment for
meaningful debugging. Please use a package provided by your
disrtrbution or do a "make install" in the alternative.

After that being done, please post a debugging output (freeradius -X
-A) and eventually relevant snippet of your configuration if problems
still exist. That should be the minimum effort on your side before
bothering the real guru(s) here.

Regards,
  Klaus Hoercher