Multiple attributes for single user in radreply and mysql

Majid El-Hoss majid at savant.net
Fri Jun 9 22:17:18 CEST 2006

Hi,
I am using freeradius behind a provisioning platform which inserts the users
into a mysql database from which the radius server reads the info.

I am assigning static (actual IP) and dynamic ip (255.255.255.254) addresses
to the end-users by using the Framed-IP attribute in the radreply table.

I also suspend/unsuspend users by using an "Auth-Type := Reject" entry, or
by deleting it in an automated fashion and depending on whether the customer
has paid or not his invoices.

The problem that I am facing is that freeradius is not recognizing the
Auth-Type entry in radreply in the presence of other attributes. Therefore,
even if Auth-Type := Reject is in the radreply table, the system does not
send back an Access-Reject packet, but rather an Access-Accept packet with
the corresponding IP address.

How can I address this so that when an Auth-Type := Reject parameter is in
the database, it is automatically recognised and the user account is
suspended?

Thanks for your help

Majid El-Hoss

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if any,is
(are) for the intended recipient only (person or entity)and may contain
confidential or proprietary information some or all of which may be legally
privileged. Any unauthorised review, use, copy, print, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended  recipient, please
message and do not in any way rely on this e-mail. If you are the intended
recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium,
please so advise the sender immediately.