Accounting problem

Antonio Matera antonio.matera at create-net.it
Mon Jun 12 10:10:39 CEST 2006

Hi, I tried to configure my freeradius with EAP-PEAP auth with
accounting. My aim is to have unique account, in other words only one
user can access with the same user and password.

I read that there are two method for accounting the first is using the
radutmp file and the second is using the sql accounting.

I configured my radius.conf file  in this way:

preacct {
		preprocess
		acct_uninque
		suffix
}

accounting {
		acct_unique
		detail
		unix
		radutmp
}

seassion {
		radutmp
		sql (??)
}

In my sql.conf file I had uncomment the simul_count_query.

In this way I suppose that I have enabled both account types.
When I try to connect 2 laptop with the same user and password, both are
authenticated and if I see the radacct table or I write in console
radwho I can find the accounting of the same user two times.

What is wrong in my configuration?
It is possible to do accounting without the sql database?

Does Anyone know a guide for configure accountig?

Thanks a lot.

Bye Antonio