Radius Proxying and IP injection

John Williams john.williams at eurisp.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 22:32:12 CEST 2006

Joe

I don't think our customer is sending any attributes that we don't send to
the Cisco ourselves. However I'll get him to send me a users entry and see
if that's the case before I turn all that debug on :)

If you see my previous email you'll see the radius debug I sent when one the
users tried to log on.
For some reason the IP address being assigned is 255.255.255.254 and not the
one the customer is sending.

Looking through the radius files I saw this in the attrs file:

##################
# The rest of this file contains the DEFAULT entry.
# DEFAULT matches with all realm names.
#

DEFAULT
       Service-Type == Framed-User,
       Service-Type == Login-User,
       Login-Service == Telnet,
       Login-Service == Rlogin,
       Login-Service == TCP-Clear,
       Login-TCP-Port <= 65536,
       Framed-IP-Address == 255.255.255.254,
       Framed-IP-Netmask == 255.255.255.255,
       Framed-Protocol == PPP,
       Framed-Protocol == SLIP,
       Framed-Compression == Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
       Framed-MTU >= 576,
       Framed-Filter-ID =* ANY,
       Reply-Message =* ANY,
       Proxy-State =* ANY,
       Session-Timeout <= 28800,
       Idle-Timeout <= 600,

#########

I see the default IP assigned is 255.255.255.254 which is the same as what
the radius debug shows.
Would this be the cause maybe?
I've now commented it out and reload radius, so now I have to wait for a
user to try and connect again.

John