\000 in "octets" attribute?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Jun 15 12:05:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

> > Then you are supposed to use the "integer" type, not "octets"
>
> No, that would be 4 octets.  A 1-octet attribute allowing any value
> must be of type "string" (in RFC language, "octets" in FreeRADIUS).

Ah. Then you are in the unlucky position that you are not allowed to send a
\000 to your NAS. Integer is too long, String may not terminate with a \000.

Seems a bit braindead from the NAS to require that its integers are one octet
only. Why not take a normal integer and restrict the allowed values to 0-255?
Are bits a scarce resource where this thing comes from? I'd really like to
hear what client exactly this is...

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg