Bug with multiple IPs?

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Thu Jun 15 21:02:06 CEST 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 13:20, Matt wrote:
> I have freeradius running on a machine with 2 IPs.   I have it binding
> to all available IPs.
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.44 is the main IP of the machine
> xxx.xxx.xxx.26 is the secondary IP. (eth0:1)
>
> When a request comes in on .26 freeradius processes it and THEN sends
> the reply out .44!   Is this the way it is suppose to be acting?

Did you build freeradius with the --with-udpfromto configure option?  Another
suggestion would be to have listen directives for each individual IP on your
box, instead of the * catchall entry in radiusd.conf.  I currently have one
radius server setup with the second option, as the version it's running
didn't have the udpfromto portion enabled (yeah yeah... time to rebuild).

Kevin Bonner