Openvpn server and Freeradius client

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 09:39:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

> The above ONLY works when the username supplied by the Openvpn
> client is found in the passwd file on the Openvpn server.  Yes
> it does use the radius server to authenticate.
>
> As you can imagine this is not the behavior I want.

seems fine to me - but as you don't say what bahaviour you
do want...

> Is it redhat, Openvpn, Freeradius or a combination of the three?

I assume you are trying to use the PAM functionality of OpenVPN
server...and using the RADIUS PAM plugin. if ONLY accounts
that are in /etc/passwd etc are working, then it is a PAM
configuration issue. I'd check through the login/account
parts of the PAM subsystem (oh and the PAM logs) to see what
REQUIRES flags etc are being used.

alan