RFC violations

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Jun 16 10:58:24 CEST 2006

"Alan DeKok" <aland at nitros9.org> writes:

>   So don't get picky about RFC violations.  Blind adherence to a
> specification is counter-productive.

Absolutely.  I do acknowledge that RADIUS is one of many protocols
where real-life experience and common practice is much more important
than the actual specifications.

>   And if nothing else, the collective RADIUS experience of the
> FreeRADIUS developers is approaching the century mark.  I'd be careful
> about arguing with people who have more experience than you in a field.

I don't like to be careful.  I prefer getting burned and learn a
lesson that way :-)

Your explanation of the "string" and "octets" types in FreeRADIUS
cleared up a lot for me.  Thanks.

Bjørn