Startup message not being logged

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 13:16:46 CEST 2006

Hello,

A minor question really. I have just upgraded a server from Fedora Core
3 (freeradius 1.0.1) to FC5 (freeradius 1.0.5). I notice that when I
start freeradius on FC5 (using 'service radiusd start') a message is
sent to stdout:

  Fri Jun 16 12:06:59 2006 : Info: Starting - reading configuration
  files ...

Should this happen? I thought this should be logged in the log file
(defined in the radiusd.conf). I'm asking because I'm just wondering if
this is indicative of my having misconfigured something? I couldn't find
anything in the changelog about this.

Thanks,

John.