non-authentication port

Leandro Pereira de Lima e Silva - ViaLink leandro at vialink.com.br
Sat Jun 17 22:11:22 CEST 2006

Hello everybody,
my name is Leandro and I'm from an ISP in Brazil.

My freeradius is giving me errors saying that my NAS is sending auth
packets to the wrong port.
I have already seen people with this error around the net, including
here at the list.

Testing with radclient it works very well. I'm trying to migrate from
cistron to freeradius.

The packet is coming from the telecom that handles the dial-in for us.

I've already set up a sniffer on the machine to check to what port they
are sending the packets and it's to 1812.

There is something to do with NAS type? Does anyone knows how to solve this?

Thanks, Leandro.

Running freeradius -X:
(...)
Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Listening on proxy *:1814
Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 200.184.x.x:49852, id=141,
length=124
Authentication-Request sent to a non-authentication port from client
nas-intelig-1:49852 - ID 141 : IGNORED
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 200.184.x.x:49852, id=141,
length=124
Authentication-Request sent to a non-authentication port from client
nas-intelig-1:49852 - ID 141 : IGNORED
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 200.184.x.x:49852, id=220,
length=124
Authentication-Request sent to a non-authentication port from client
nas-intelig-1:49852 - ID 220 : IGNORED
(...)

--
Leandro Pereira de Lima e Silva