freeradius-mysql rpm

Jin Fan jfan at cwlab.com
Mon Jun 19 19:40:52 CEST 2006

Please read below.

-----Original Message-----
From: freeradius-users-bounces+jfan=cwlab.com at lists.freeradius.org
[mailto:freeradius-users-bounces+jfan=cwlab.com at lists.freeradius.org] On
Behalf Of Abul Monsur Mannan
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 10:29 AM
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Subject: Re: freeradius-mysql rpm

First of all Thank U Jin Fan very much for the detail email.

Can U clarify something more !

1. Where(path) u unzip the rpm file ?
	You can unzip the rpm anywhere you want.  I unzipped it in
WINDOW using 7-zip, then scp. Lol.
2. Would u please tell me about ur advice" Then load the first file "
- load means what ? copy or move ?
	Yes, you COPY the file to /usr/lib/ directory.

Please light on me .

On 6/19/06, Jin Fan <jfan at cwlab.com> wrote:
> I am using an older version of freeradius 1.0.2 and Fedora 4.
>
> My way to solve the missing rlm_sql_mysql.so problem is the following.
>
> 1.  I download the freeradius-mysql rpm package from this website.
> http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedora/updates/1/i386/freeradius-mysql-0.
> 9.
> 3-1.1.i386.html
>
> 2.  Then I used 7-Zip to extract rlm_sql_mysql.so from the rpm.  There

> are two files in the rpm, rlm_sql_mysql-1.0.2.so and rlm_sql_mysql.so.

> The second file is the link file to the first file.
>
> 3.  Then load the first file into /use/lib/ folder, which contains all

> the link library files.  Make a link to the file and name it
> rlm_sql_mysql.so.  You also need to use chmod command to change the
> file permission.
>
> 4.  Restart freeradius server and it might run.
>
> You might need to find the correct rpm package for your system.
>
> Jin Fan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See