Malfunctioning Nomadix

Rob Parker rob.parker at keycom.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 16:15:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've seen this with our Nomadix USG and AG series devices as well - often
the NSE will send requests multiple times, but I can never understand why.
There are a few other bugs in the RADIUS code in Nomadix as well, for
example I have never managed to get round robin working as I would expect
(50% to each server).

With our RADIUS setup the multiple stop or start packets do not cause any
problems as the session ID is unique so a duplicate cannot be inserted into
our accounting database.

I am in discussions with developers at Nomadix at the moment about stability
issues, and I have also mentioned these RADIUS issues to them as well -
hopefully they will be fixed soon! Which devices and firmware versions do
you have this problem with?

rob.