So how do you suppress

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Thu Jun 22 22:02:44 CEST 2006

Walter Reynolds <waltr at umich.edu> wrote:
> If needed I can paste my whole config if needed, but here is that one
> section of the config:

  OK... You're telling it to *not* write the User-Password to the
detail file.

> Here is output form radius debug:

  A normal Access-Request.

> Am I misinterpreting what tihs does or missing something?

  Since you've been careful to not explain what you think it's
supposed to do, I'll guess.

  You're surprised that the DEBUG LOG contains User-Password when you
said to not write it to the DETAIL FILE.

  Now go back and read that sentence again.  Think hard.

  From the debug log again:

> /usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/198.111.224.36/auth-detail-20060622

  Hmm.. maybe you want to go read that file, to see if it contains
User-Password.  Odds are it doesn, in fact, because you suppressed
User-Password in the normal "detail" module, and not in the "auth_log"
module.