EAP-MD5 with LDAP

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Jun 23 21:45:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

> trying to configure EAP-MD5  with LDAP backend...
>
> rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication.

oh, a classic. You are trying to use a backend that requires to have the clear
text password, but are instead feeding it with a one-way crypted password.
This won't work out-of-the-box. What you *might* be able to do is retrieve
the user's password during authorize with an administrator account, and then
during authenticate let the server compare things themselves, without calling
ldap during authenticate. Never done that, but it seems possible to me. Good
luck.

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche - Ingénieur de recherche

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg