EAP-MD5 with LDAP

Rohaizam Abu Bakar haizam at myjaring.net
Sun Jun 25 14:45:37 CEST 2006

After searching for solution.. found one comment from Alan that advise not
to set Auth-Type :=LDAP because LDAP do not do authentication.. EAP does..
let server figure out itself... In case of EAP, LDAP just extract password
for EAP to do authentication.

But the problem is,  my radius need to serve a few services...  such as
ADSL,  Wifi, Dial up .. etc. Each services have their own LDAP tree for
better management.  So in radiusd.conf, there will be a few ldap modules..
See below:-

How do i set in users file in order for WIFI user to perform EAP but get
LDAP info from certain LDAP tree  without having to set Auth-Type ????

i) users
=====

DEFAULT     ????  (not to set Auth-Type but need to direct to certain LDAP
tree)

ii) radiusd.conf
==========

ldap adsl {
    basedn=ou=ADSL, ou=People...
}
ldap wifi {
    basedn=ou=wifi, ou=People...
}

Then .. in authenticate and authorize section :-

authorize {
    eap
    Autz-Type=ADSL {
        adsl