So how do you suppress

Walter Reynolds waltr at umich.edu
Mon Jun 26 16:35:52 CEST 2006

So what 'rest of the documentation' should I look at.  I guess I am not
seeing how I should know that the "auth_log" is a variant of the "detail"
module.

I am hoping i can get a better understanding of the documentations so I
would not have to ask questions in the future.  So for this example I saw
the following:

1. Note in changelog about suppress
2. Section under 'detail' in radiusd.conf file with supress option
commented out.

So I now understand that I should be able to suppress information from any
of the detail sections by adding an additional suppress line under that
module subsection.

Is this something that I should have understood to start with or is there
documentation that I did not see and should read?