Fixed IP

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 27 11:30:37 CEST 2006

Mahesh S Kudva wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running Freeradius on Mac OS X. How do i assign fixed IP address to
> my wireless clients who are authenticating under Apple BAse stations??

You can't with radius. 802.11 clients assign IP addresses by DHCP after
the link, so you would need to configure the DHCP server appropriately.

(In theory one could push an IP from FreeRadius into the DHCP server
e.g. in the post-auth section with an exec module, but that would be a
custom solution you'd have to make yourself)