LDAP related questions

Kostas Zorbadelos kzorba at otenet.gr
Wed Jun 28 14:12:47 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 02:11:00PM +0300, Kostas Kalevras wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Kostas Zorbadelos wrote:
>
> >Hello to everyone.
> >
> >I have a question regarding a configuration I am trying to achieve. I
> >have users stored in an ldap database. An example user entry looks
> >like this:
> >
> >dn: uid=kzorba,ou=people,dc=company,dc=gr
> >cn: ZORBADELOS KONSTANTINOS
> >uid: kzorba
> >clearTextPwd: mypassword
> >radiusProfile: PSTN_STATIC
> >radiusAccountStatus: activated
> >radiusMaxLogins: 1
> >radiusExpDate: 2030/12/31 00:00:00
> >Framed-IP-Address: 62.103.176.39
> >objectClass: account
> >objectClass: MyRadiusAccount
> >objectClass: top
> >
> >Tha attribute radiusProfile groups the users. For each group we have a
> >corresponding profile
>
> Why not put the full profile DN in radiusProfile? Then you can use the
> profile_attribute mechanism

That would be perfect, however we already have the users database and
we use a different Radius software. Our data are in the form I
described. Any modifications would require migration and this is what
I am trying to avoid.

--
  Kostas Zorbadelos
  m at il contact: kzorba (at) otenet.gr

  Out there in the darkness, out there in the night
  out there in the starlight, one soul burns brighter
  than a thousand suns.