freradius and krb5 interaction

Geoff Silver geoff+freeradius at uslinux.net
Thu Mar 2 13:09:35 CET 2006

I haven't tried rlm_krb5, but I've done a lot of kerberos management, so
maybe I can help.  If there are any kerberos-specific parameters that
rlm_krb5 needs, someone else might be able to shed light on them for you.

I presume kerberos is working on this system otherwise (eg. you can ssh
or telnet -ax into this system)?  I know Sun's kerberos packages look
for /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab and /etc/krb5/krb5.conf, so if you're using
Solaris, make sure those files are symlinked.  Verify 'klist -k' shows
the same keytab version number (KVNO) as your KDC, since creating a new
keytab will wipe out the old one.  Other than that, run radiusd under
strace and check to see what keytab file rlm_krb5 is actually trying to
open and what the error is.