Problem compiling Freeradius + MySQL on Solaris 9

Alan abaker at cliquecom.com
Wed Mar 8 18:33:28 CET 2006

I uninstalled the sunfreeware package and installed the package directly
from MySQL.com (mysql-standard-4.0.26-sun-solaris2.9-sparc-64bit.pkg). I
receive one error in config.log. Am I missing something here?

configure:988: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -L/usr/lib/mysql/
-lmysqlclient_r -lpthread  1>&5
ld: warning: file /usr/lib/mysql//libmysqlclient_r.a(libmysql.o): wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS64

mysql_init                          /var/tmp//ccWfUfam.o

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 981 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

--

Yes, I also added the path to mysql libs to my env path but with no resolve.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/lib/mysql:/opt/csw/lib:/opt/sfw
/lib:/usr/j2se/lib:/opt/libxml2/lib:/opt/zlib/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib

--

I receive the following output if I use the solaris 9 sunfreeware package.

configure:988: gcc -o conftest -g -O2
conftest.c -L/usr/lib/mysql lmysqlclient_r -lpthread  1>&5

floor                      /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(password.o)
getservbyname              /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(libmysql.o)
gethostbyname_r            /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(libmysql.o)
socket                     /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(libmysql.o)
setsockopt                 /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(viosocket.o)
connect                    /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(libmysql.o)
getpeername                /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(viosocket.o)
inet_addr                  /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(libmysql.o)
inet_ntoa                  /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(my_net.o)
shutdown                   /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(viosocket.o)

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest