Load-balance and Auth-Type

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Mar 22 19:14:06 CET 2006

"Evil I_Am" <evil_ftw at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have this scenario: 2 radius servers must point to 2 ldap servers with a
> load-balancing and fault-tolerant configuration.

  As of 1.1.0, you can do "reduntant-load-balance".  See
doc/configurable_failover.  That makes the configuration a little
easier.

> authenticate {
>         Auth-Type LDAP {

  I'd suggest just listing "ldap1" and "ldap2".  The authorization
stage does most of the work, so load balancing is more important
there.  And as of 1.1.0, the modules will cause themselves to be
selected in the "authenticate" section, too.  So you leverage the
authorize load balancing to do authentication load balancing.