frontend for freeradius???

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Mar 30 18:38:53 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-30-03 at 16:40 +0100, Pelusa Vali wrote:
> hi list, i have a question, are there any freeradius frontend to administer users, but which don't assume i have ldap or mysql?? my users are only in users file, i reviewed dialup_admin and php radius accounting tool, but both assume i have mysql or ldap, i just want some program with graphical interface to add users and passwords in freeradius, and if possible monitor them.
> are there something like that??
> thanks.

I don't think there are any official projects.
Some people have "in-house" management systems, but are weary
about making them public. If you are willing to modify and
maintain the front end code without endless queries to the
progenitors of some code, you might want to ask if anyone
has something to help you get started.

I have been working on some PHP functions to manage
FreeRadius, but have not developed anything for the
users file yet. So far I have developed functions
that can acquire the information from the configuration
or dictionary files. But I am taking some time to consider
how to handle the huge amount of data from the dictionary
files.

Since the users file can handle multiple alternate
configurations for DEFAULT and or user entries, it will
require careful planning. In order to make sure the entries
are stored in a unique way, and ensure that the correct entry
can be identified, and make sure that entries do not get
combined. For my needs, most users will have little more
than an encrypted password, and we intend on using an SQL
backend, and do not use the users file at all, so accessing
the data in the users file is near the bottom of my list, but
others may have it as a different priority.