FreeRADIUS, MySQL and usergroups

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Mon May 1 13:29:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

I want to built a RADIUS system with a MySQL database to authenticate /
authorize users. One group of the users should be allowed to use the internet
and an other group shoud be allowed to use the RAS server to dial in. Of
course some of the users can use both.

Can I use user groups in MySQL and let FreeRADIUS ask for a membership in that
group?

How can I do this with FreeRADIUS / MySQL? Any hints are welcome. Thanks.

Additionally: I read that SQUID can use a lot of AAA possibilities. I think
PAM and the pam_radius module is the best solution. Any other suggestions?
Thanks again.

Sincerely,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

Tel: (+49 89) 456 911 - 0
Fax: (+49 89) 456 911 - 21
mob: (+49 174) 343 28 75

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42