New PHP for interface

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue May 2 00:55:01 CEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-29-04 at 15:07 -0500, JasonN wrote:
> On 4/29/06, mnisay <mnisay at aim-consultants.com> wrote:
> >
> > I believed he was referring to browsable dialup administration page using
> > PHP+APACHE+FreeRadius+MySQL direct access
> > to authentication server.
>
> You are correct.  I had this coded up by a member of my team for a
> client that runs a small access userbase (dialup).  Obviously, dialup
> is only one of many things you can use radiusd for, and FreeRadius may
> be modified to do all sorts of stuff.  All this PHP interface does is
> hook you up to the dB (could be remote, but by default I do it
> locally) and allow you to edit the MySQL dB you're using for your
> radiusd authentication.
>
> > What type of operations are u using? Local only w/ direct access to FR or
> > remote w/ only configs of BD?
>
> If nobody takes offense, I'll just post the URI to download the php
> code.  It's short and sweet.  Some of you may find it useful.
> Obviously, it's not as robust as the the intends to be.  But, it's
> also not broken.  Anyone interested in working from this start to
> build something much more feature rich, please contact me directly.  I
> don't wish to pollute this list.  If we come up with something the
> FreeRadius commit team wish to use, we may offer it at that time.
> Right now, this is very basic.  But, it makes my ISP clients very
> happy.
>
> http://www.jasonn.com/files/projects/manage.php.txt
>
> If you want to participate, please don't waste the list's time
> discussing it here.  It's extraneous to the FreeRadius core, even
> though it may be very useful to many of you.  You are welcome to email
> me personally. - imjasonn at gmail.com

I'll definitely check it out when I get a chance.

If it does some of what I need, I will help write some routines
to make it work with PostgreSQL as well as MySQL.

I have some PHP code I started to develop that has functions to
read the configuration files. My code can be integrated with what
you have to allow your code to use items from radiusd.conf and
the included files. This would allow a more seamless integration
and simpler setup.

I will dig around, I am pretty sure I have some code that allows
CSS and table formatted output to be generated from arrays
generated by SQL queries and other things as well. It makes
fairly easy work of "beautifying" generated output.;^)