Yet another Simultaneous-Use issue

Eduardo Bejar wonka at linkabu.net
Wed May 3 01:34:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

It seems that I´m missing something regarding the Simultaneous-Use option as
I can´t make it work yet. I´ve found that this has been asked many times
before, but I´ve tried all suggested methods with no luck.

Here's my config:

- Fedora Core 4 fresh install, Freeradius 1.1.0 with MySQL.

And I´ve done the following:

- Tested with uncommented simul_count_query at sql.conf.
- Tested inserting GroupName="dialup", Attribute="Simultaneous-Use",
op=":=", Value=1.
- Tested inserting UserName="the_one_Im_testing",
Attribute="Simultaneous-Use", op=":=", Value=1.
- Tested at users file:
DEFAULT Auth-Type = sql
	Fall-Through = 1
DEFAULT Simultaneous-Use := 1
	Fall-Through = 1
- Tested the same, but with DEFAULT Simultaneous-Use == 1.
- Tested radiusd -sx and no Simultaneous-Use shows up when login.
- Tested with checkrad script from Cistron Radius and got snmpget timeout.
Checkrad from freeradius does not shows timeout.

Currently I can login twice with the same user, but the user only shows up 1
time when doing radwho.

Please tell me what else should I do or test to make it work.

Thank you and regards,

Eduardo