freeradius + ldap

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Thu May 4 19:35:49 CEST 2006

ludovic cailleau <ludoviccailleau at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I understand the side effects when I edit radius.conf, because I
> have already make a 802.11x authentifacation for wireless.  But with
> users files. And this configuration works perfectly.

  The error message you saw happens ONLY if you edit the configuration
file, and configure the server to do *nothing* for authentication.
Since you said this isn't what you wanted, my conclusion is you didn't
understand the side effect of the "edit config to make it do nothing"
work you did.

>    But now I would like use Ldap for authentification.

  LDAP doesn't do EAP, and LDAP doesn't do MS-CHAP.  You CANNOT use
LDAP for wireless authentication.  You can ONLY use the LDAP module in
the "authorize" stage.

  The problem is you are making large changes to the servers's config
without understanding what you're doing.  Instead, you should be
making the *smallest* possible changes to the server to get what you
want.

  The default config works, and has examples of where you should list
LDAP.  Follow those examples, and use the default config./