FreeRADIUS 1.1.1 Segmentation fault on Fedora 4

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Fri May 5 20:00:21 CEST 2006

Bjarni Hardarson <freeradius at hardarson.se> wrote:
> Think i have the same problem. I normally use EAP-PEAP but i couldnt get
> the server to segfault in valgrind with that. Think it was openssl that
> grinded it to a halt. Tried with EAP-MD5 instead and it produced the
> "desired" result.

  I'm running FC4 on one of my machines, and I don't see the same
problem with the CVS head of 1.1 (i.e. 1.1.1 + a few patches that
shouldn't affect this).

  And looking at what valgrind *is* complaining about, I can't see for
the life of me why the code depends on uninitialized values.  If I
walk back up the callstack valgrind shows, the code clearly
initializes the data structures.

  My next question is where did you get the server binary from?
Source?  An RPM?

  If you could build & install the server from source, that may help.
Maybe there's a problem with the RPM.