win2003 Active Directory authentication

Chris Liles Chris.Liles at air2web.com
Mon May 8 18:40:38 CEST 2006

Yes you can do use the ldap module of freeradius to hit your AD, I am doing this now.
Yes you can do ssl/tls for encryption between the radius server and AD.
Windows server 2000 does not support tls, only ssl.

It is similar to setting up mm_mod_auth_ldap for apache.

You will need an ldap browser to browse your domain to find out the correct search filters for everything.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to check for group membership.
I posted to the mailing list, but no one has responded yet :-(

There is good documentation on the wiki.
Look for my previous post about not getting groups working to see my config files.

--
Chris Liles
System Analyst