Accounting - FramedIPAddress - DHCP/IPPOOL

mad psymad at gmail.com
Wed May 10 14:58:24 CEST 2006

Hello,
I have a freeradius server, I use an eap/ttls authentication with 802.1x and
ldap.
I want to save the username, the ip adress, the MAC address, the start time
and the stop time of the connection with the accounting function (with
mysql).
I have a problem with the ip address ... because it's dhcpd who give an ip
address at the client, so freeradius can't have this information.

I have try ippool in freeradius (freeradius want to give an ip address but
the client don't receive). Also I have read that it's impossible to use
ippool with eap and when there are access point and/or swith between client
and server ... it's true ?

I have also try other solutions (with syslog-ng who get the ip address in
the log and insert in acct table ..., a scripts with omshell who permit to
freeradius to indicate at dhcpd what ip address give at this client ...) BUT
I think this solution are very unstable ...

What do you think about this ?
Have you an other solution ?

Sorry my english is rusty ... and thanks for your answers

Regards,

Psymad