Accounting - FramedIPAddress - DHCP/IPPOOL

Pierre LEONARD pier.leonard at free.fr
Wed May 10 15:42:15 CEST 2006

mad a écrit :

> Hello,
> I have a freeradius server, I use an eap/ttls authentication with
> 802.1x and ldap.
> I want to save the username, the ip adress, the MAC address, the start
> time and the stop time of the connection with the accounting function
> (with mysql).
> I have a problem with the ip address ... because it's dhcpd who give
> an ip address at the client, so freeradius can't have this information.
>
> I have try ippool in freeradius (freeradius want to give an ip address
> but the client don't receive). Also I have read that it's impossible
> to use ippool with eap and when there are access point and/or swith
> between client and server ... it's true ?
>
> I have also try other solutions (with syslog-ng who get the ip address
> in the log and insert in acct table ..., a scripts with omshell who
> permit to freeradius to indicate at dhcpd what ip address give at this
> client ...) BUT I think this solution are very unstable ...
>
> What do you think about this ?
> Have you an other solution ?
>
> Sorry my english is rusty ... and thanks for your answers
>
> Regards,
>
> Psymad

i've a similar problem...but i don't arrive to assign fixed ip to a vpn
client.
my radius server (freeradius) send ip config like ip address, netmask,
vlan and the router receive this info but it don't use.

i don't know how configure it in order to say that it must relay config
from the radius

in my router config i cannot specify the authorization like
" aaa authorization network authorization-radius group group-radius" and
i must replace "network" by "configuration"
because with "network" the router send the name of the client isakmp
group as user name and "cisco" as password but i haven't specify this
password. i don't understand where he found this pass...

i know that i don't answers your request but if you could show me your
configuration maybe i will  understand my error !

thanks

ps: are you french ?