Freeradius radclient problem and sql dialupadmin question

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Wed May 10 22:25:17 CEST 2006

Eric Hilden <eric at linkednetworks.com> wrote:
> After running "*radtest steve testing localhost 1812 testing123"* I get
> the following.
>
> *radclient: dict_init: Couldn't open dictionary
> "/usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary: No such file or directory. *

  Odds are that you have a partial install, or multiple installations.

> After running with the *"radtest -d /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary
> steve testing localhost 1812 testing123" *I get the accept message
> request from my test user.

  The "etc" directory SHOULD have a dictionary in it that includes
/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.  The purpose is to have site-local
attributes.

> Furthermore looking at the file /etc/raddb/dictionary I see* $Include
> /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary*

  Then you are using radclient from one install, and the dictionaries
from another installation of the server.

> Where am I missing the configuration to change the default setting for
> where radclient is wanting to look?

  Nothing.  The default installation WORKS.  It's only when you do
multiple installations, and then partially remove one, that there are
problems.