MySQL: Group membership test

Bogdan Dumitriu - Technical Support Team helpdesk22 at mycybernet.net
Thu May 11 16:23:30 CEST 2006

You can create a group "deactivated" for the users you don't want to
allow to connect and set Auth-Type == Reject for that group.

If you want to tie a group to a certain NAS you have to use huntgroups:

TestNAS1        NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                SQL-Group == dialup,
                SQL-Group == adsl

It means that is the user is coming from this NAS it has to be a member
of those groups. Otherwise auth fail.

Is this what you are looking for?

At least this is my set up. If you find a better way please let me know.

Thanks,
Bogdan.