FreeRADIUS, MySQL and usergroups again

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Thu May 11 17:15:44 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2006 17:38 schrieb Christopher Carver:
> If you want to use rlm_sql you do this with the tables radius.usergroup
> and radius.radgroupcheck.  In radius.radgroupcheck you'd have something
> like this:
>
> +----+---------------+-----------+----+--------+
>
> | id | GroupName     | Attribute | op | Value  |
>
> +----+---------------+-----------+----+--------+
>
> |  1 | RASUser     | Auth-Type | := | system |
>
> Then in radius.usergroup for each user you want in this group you'll
> have a row like this:
>
> +--------+----------+---------------+
>
> | id     | UserName | GroupName     |
>
> +--------+----------+---------------+
>
> |  39747 | thisuser  | RASUser    |
>
> That pasted rather ugly, but I think you should get the point.  Using
> sql eliminates the need for the users file to be able to do what you
> asked about.  Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.
>
> Chris Carver

Thanks for your answer. But I think this is not quite what I was looking for.
I want to administer the passwords in MySQL, not in the system, so I need
Auth-Type := Local. And this authenticates every user that is in the
database, not only these in the specific group. I solved it adding

DEFAULT Group !="RASUser", Auth-Type := Reject

in my files.
--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

Tel: (+49 89) 456 911 - 0
Fax: (+49 89) 456 911 - 21
mob: (+49 174) 343 28 75

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42