Fwd: Regular expression - Trying to rewrite User-Name

Zoltan Ori z.ori at morehead-st.edu
Thu May 11 22:48:59 CEST 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 16:30, Dennis Skinner wrote:
> Damian Porter wrote:
> > the user-name is coming to the radius process without any dashes and i
> > want to add dashes to separate the octets.
> >
> > I have looked an that document and it does not offer a solution for the
> > problem.
>
> Are you responding to me?
>
> 0e35-353afe-3afe19-fe19 has dashes.  Either it came that way or your

Yes, he is. Mr Porter has 0e353afe19xx coming in. He wants 0e-35-3a-f3-19-xx.
His replacement is not working as he wishes. He is wanting ([a-z0-9]{2}) ...
to break up the 12 character string into 6 groups of 2 and then insert dashes
between them.

I don't have the answer, but that is the problem as I see it.

Zoltan Ori