Fwd: Regular expression - Trying to rewrite User-Name

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Fri May 12 16:56:34 CEST 2006

It is difficult to see what your machine is doing since you are giving
us bits and pieces of the problem and out of order.

Damian Porter wrote:
> thanks for all you input so far, and i am still looking, trying to use
> the hint and huntgroup file for a work around so success yet. By the way
> i should mention the code worked perfectly well with redhat 9.
>
> [00-0423-236767-676752-6752-52]

What is that number?  Is that the resulting username after your regex?

> the first and the last octet works, its just {2} - {5} that acting up.
>
> additional information my auth-log file
>
> Packet-Type = Access-Request
> Thu May 11 18:33:02 2006
>         NAS-IP-Address = 1.5.1.32 <http://1.5.1.32>
>         User-Name = "00042367672f"
>         User-Password = "00042367672f"
>         Calling-Station-Id = "00042367672F"
>         Called-Station-Id = "000B8602DD80"
>         NAS-Port = 0
>         NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
>         Vendor-14823-Attr-5 = 0x4e5355
>         Vendor-14823-Attr-6 = 0x302e302e30
>         Client-IP-Address = 1.5.1.3 <http://1.5.1.3>

Is that a different username than the munged one above?  Can you make
sure to provide details from the same username, so it is easier to
follow and see what exactly is wrong?

> Debug output
>
> There appears to be another RADIUS server running on the authentication
> port 1814

One of two things is happening.  Either there is a radius server already
running and it has been running all the time and any changes you are
making are not being seen.  Or you forgot to stop the radius daemon
before trying to run it in debug mode.

Try this:

killall -9 radiusd

radiusd -X

Now, leave that running and send it an access request.  Send us
everything from where you typed radiusd -X to the *end* of the request
(presumably a reject statement).

radiusd -X should not release back to a prompt, it should sit there
waiting for a request.  If you get a prompt back, then there is either
still something running on that port or something else caused it to
error out.

*After* you send a request and it gets rejected, Control-C will get your
prompt back and terminate the radiusd -X.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator