FreeRADIUS SNMP capacities

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Wed May 17 19:36:47 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 03:42, Geoffroy Arnoud wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Would it be possible to have some information about FreeRADIUS SNMP
> capacities.
>
> Which version of snmp are supported?

cmu-snmp, but net-snmp with cmu compatibility should work fine.

> What can be done?
> Which types of trap can be sent to the manager?
> Which type of info can the manager ask?

You can query info defined in the MIBS, which can be found in mibs/ under the
source.  The config can be reloaded via SNMP, though I've never tried this.
No traps are sent anywhere.

> Is it stable?

Net-SNMP cmu compatibility was fixed in the stable release 1.1.1, but I doubt
many people are using it.  We've been using it on numerous servers for almost
2 years now and haven't had a problem with it other the one reported in
bug#150.

Kevin Bonner