freeradius 1.1.0 with rp-pppoe 3.8 pppoe-server

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Thu May 18 18:39:11 CEST 2006

root linux <rootlinux at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Below is the command I run for pppoe-server: -
>
> pppoe-server -I eth1 -k -L 10.3.0.1 -R 10.3.1.1
> I did perform a download speed test and the download
> speed is not correct. I can't get 128kbits but I get
> the full speed of 1Mbps, why?

  Did  PPPoE send a RADIUS request to the server?

  Why is it so difficult to run the server in debugging mode?

> Doest the attribute field below works for FreeRADIUS?

  They work fine in FreeRADIUS.  But you have no idea if PPoE is doing
RADIUS for authentication, you have no idea if FreeRADIUS is sending
those attributes in the reply (if any), and you have no idea if PPPoE
is listening to those attributes.

  Follow the FreeRADIUS documentation, and the PPPoE documentation for
configured the servers.