limit upload and download speed for each user

Terry J Fike Jr tfike at mtasolutions.com
Fri May 19 18:12:39 CEST 2006

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:48:25 +0300
> From: "Mordor Networks" <mordor.networks at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: limit upload and download speed for each user
> 	<freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
>
> On 5/17/06, Terry J Fike Jr <tfike at mtasolutions.com> wrote:
>
>>>does anyone knows how to limit upload/download speed for each user in
>>>"user" file ?
>>
>>         Rate_Limit_Rate = 137,
>>         Rate_Limit_Burst = 15000,
>>         Police_Rate = 137,
>>         Police_Burst = 15000,
>>
>>Rate_Limit aprox= download
>>Police_Rate aprox= upload
>>--
>>Terry J Fike Jr
>>System Administrator
>>MTA Solutions
>>907-793-4100
>>tfike at mtasolutions.com
>

> Hi
> how this can  be done with mysql backend? i mean can we add the limit rate
> to sql ?
>
> -

okay, i'm not sure how it is done with mysql, but in ldap, and flatfile
i've done it.  in flat file those attributes where associated with a
user here's an example:

username  Password == "password"
         Service-Type = Framed-User,
         Framed-MTU = 1500,
         Port-Limit = 1,
         Idle-Timeout = 0,
         Rate_Limit_Rate = 5000,
         Rate_Limit_Burst = 15000,
         Police_Rate = 5000,
         Police_Burst = 15000,
         Session-Timeout = 0

in ldap on my dsl tree the attributes for a user has defined a group
which has the speed. and in that group it has all the attributes listed
here.

you can have these attributes tied directly to a user as well instead of
a group but it does change how your default lines are at the end of your
users file.
--
Terry J Fike Jr
System Administrator