PEAP + AD

Chris Liles Chris.Liles at air2web.com
Thu May 25 16:01:13 CEST 2006

If you read the FAQ is says that you can't do CHAP with LDAP.

[speculation]
But I have also read about some guy successfully using OpenLDAP with PEAP because he stored the LM and NT password hashes in the ldap schema along with the clear text password. With AD I suppose you could extend the schema to store these as well, but you'd have to manually update them when a password changes.
[/end speculation]

In my attempts to use ldap with active directory for PEAP it wouldn't work, so I went samba. It works fine. Radiusd -X and the mailing list are your best friends. :)

--
Chris Liles