How to upgrade Freeradius?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 30 09:42:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

> elimachi at entelsa.entelnet.bo wrote:
> > I don't have experience installing and uninstalling applications as
> > freeradius from source code. I=B4d like to upgrade my freeradius version
> > from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, however I don=B4t know what steps have I to do.
>
> $ ./configure ...
> $ make
> $ make install

could I just add that you SHOULD have your old 1.1.1 source directory
to hand - or at least a backup of it, the reason?  you can view
your config.status file from that directory which will tell you EXACTLY
how the last version was ./configure'd - make sure the ./configure command
is exactly the same.

the 'make install' will not touch config files which are in place. HOWEVER
this does mean that new options are not commented within the configs
etc and you must view the new config files to see new options and how
to call them.

alan