Limit access to internet by mac using freeradius

Ali Jawad alijawad1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 11:43:32 CET 2006

Hi Ive got a micro ISP with 50 clients running on pppoe and freeradius for
authenication, each client has a username and password. When a customer
dials through his winbox to create pppoe connection the pppoe server on the
server loads radius.so to do the authenication. What I want to do now is the
following...
I want to authenicate based on mac address and i do not want to use pppoe
anymore..so everybody plugging in a network cable into my switch will have
immediate internet access only if I have registered his mac address for him
previously, otherwise everybody plugging his network cable into my swithces
will have access to my internet connection. I mean I need something like the
mac address filtering used in squid ...where only registered mac address are
allowed through the proxy..any hints suggestions and/or tutorials are
welcome.

--
With Regards Ali Jawad