Limit access to internet by mac using freeradius

Ali Jawad alijawad1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 17:04:18 CET 2006

Dear Alan, thanks for your suggestion however the setup is rather small at
50 users and the switch is not managable..Iam a CCNA "nothing special about
that" and I wish I had the means to apply the setup on managable switch
using port security however I still care about the accounting features of
radius even if the managable switch was a feasible solution.

On 11/2/06, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> "Ali Jawad" <alijawad1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want to authenicate based on mac address and i do not want to use
> pppoe
> > anymore..so everybody plugging in a network cable into my switch will
> have
> > immediate internet access only if I have registered his mac address for
> him
>
>   See the switch documentation for how to do port-based authentication
> using MAC addresses.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> --
>   http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of the book