Server logs say users authenticate, but they don't (Now with more details!)

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Tue Nov 7 00:23:00 CET 2006

Hi Ernie,

* Run radiusd -X and check that Access-Accept is being sent, and how
long after the Access-Request this is.

* Verify with tcpdump that the packet is actually getting onto the wire.

* Check for iptables rules/access-lists that might be dropping/rejecting
the packets.

* Make sure your AS5300 and freeradius are configured to use the same
port numbers.  freeradius shouldn't be seeing the Access-Request if not,
but it might be worth a look.

--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au