freeRADIUS on Solaris 10 - x86

Ramm-Ericson, Johannes Johannes.Ramm-Ericson at sonyericsson.com
Tue Nov 7 13:32:09 CET 2006

-----Original Message-----
> Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:37:49 +0100 (CET)
> From: "Michael Messner" <michael.messner_edv at inode.at>
> Subject: freeRADIUS on Solaris 10 - x86
> To: <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
>
> hey freeRADIUS users,
>
> now it looks much better:
>
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_counter.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_counter requires:  libgdbm.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_ippool.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_ippool requires:  libgdbm.
> configure: WARNING: the comm_err library isn't found!
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_krb5.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_krb5 requires:  krb5.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_ldap.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_ldap requires:  libldap_r.
> configure: WARNING: iodbc headers not found.  Use --with-iodbc-include-dir=<path>.
> configure: WARNING: sql submodule 'iodbc' disabled
> configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use --with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
> configure: WARNING: sql submodule 'oracle' disabled
> configure: WARNING: unixODBC headers not found.  Use --with-unixodbc-include-dir=<path>.
> configure: WARNING: sql submodule 'unixodbc' disabled
>
> I think that I need the ldap module für the active directory request, do I also need the krb5 module?
>
> ca mIke

If you plan to authenticate against Active Directory then, yes, you _probably_ need the krb5 module. However, if you are using (for example) Quests VAS - vintela authentication system, you can authenticate against the Unix backend and don't need to compile kerberos and LDAP support. It's all a question of how you plan to set up and use your environment.

Regards,
JRE

PS. Also, with your current configuration there are several components that you will not be ablu to use (IP Pools, Oracle SQL connectors....).