(no subject)

Mike May mmay3 at nd.edu
Tue Nov 7 15:37:04 CET 2006

"Mike May" <mmay3 at nd.edu> wrote:

> Hello everyone, is it possible to have NAS entries for a subnet, if so

> could someone give me an example

  raddb/clients.conf

  http://deployingradius.com <http://deployingradius.com/>        - The web
site of the book

Thanks for example Alan, I thought it may be helpful for me to provide you
some more information, I am not a Radius expert but have managed to keep a
somewhat large client base using radius. I currently use the clients file to
allow connections, but not to do any real authorization. Example of my
clients file is below, this is only a small section as my radius servers
handles modem pool, vpn, wireless, 802.1x etc and soon wired 802.1x. I use
LDAP/ Kerberos as the authn backend

I use huntgroup entries to point to matches in my users file see examples
below. in the users file is where I am using ldaps.conf to connect to the
directory servers, verifying what group the user is in and at the end authn
to Kerberos store. After the authn I set some authz like  Cisco-AVPair =
"priv-lvl=15" used by Cisco routers and switches for network engineers who
live in the proper LDAP group, here is where the problem is. PIX firewalls
do not like me setting the priv lvl, and the reason is that the PIX will
only accept authz from a tacacs server(it seems like). What I need to do is
specify a "netauth" ==    NAS-IP-ADDRESS 192.168.20.0/23 subnet. Instead of
"netauth"  == NAS-IP-ADDRESS 192.168.20.15, this way I can use my users file
and not set the Cisco priv lvl for those devices that live on the firewall
subnets.

Thank you for all your help

Mike

========= clients.conf=============================

#This are for network engineering devices (outside wireless and dialup)

# 2/20/06

client 172.16.255.2/29 {

        secret

        shortname = devicenet-15

}

client 172.16.240.0/20 {

        secret =

        shortname = devicenet-16

}

client 172.17.240.0/20 {

        secret =

        shortname = devicenet-17

}

client 172.18.240.0/20 {

        secret =

        shortname = devicenet-18

}

client 172.19.240.0/20 {

        secret =

        shortname = devicenet-19

}

client 172.20.240.0/20 {

        secret =

        shortname = devicenet-20

}

client 172.21.240.0/20 {

        secret =

        shortname = devicenet-21

}

client 172.22.240.0/20 {

        secret =

        shortname = devicenet-22

Huntgroups

wireless-prime  NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

wireless-backup NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

spam1           NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

spam2           NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

ciscovpnadmin   NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

dialup8         NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

ciscovpnadmin2  NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

dialup9         NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

dialup10        NAS-IP-Address == xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

netautz         NAS-Port-Type == "Virtual"

netautz_fw      NAS-IP-Address == xxxx

netautz_fw1     NAS-IP-Address == xxxxx

Users file

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == "netautz", Ldap-Group == ndeg6qr2, Autz-Type :=
ldap-vpn, Auth-Type := ldap-vpn

        Service-Type = 6,

        Cisco-AVPair = "priv-lvl=15",

        Fall-Through = Yes

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == "netautz_fw", Ldap-Group == ndeg6qr2, Autz-Type :=
ldap-vpn, Auth-Type := ldap-vpn

        Service-Type = 6,

        Fall-Through = Yes

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == "netautz_fw1", Ldap-Group == ndeg6qr2, Autz-Type
:= ldap-vpn, Auth-Type := ldap-vpn

        Service-Type = 6,

        Fall-Through = Yes

# VPN Group Definition note please make additions at the begining of the
stanza not the end

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == "ciscovpnadmin", Hint =="NETENG", Ldap-Group ==
ndbx2jj5, Autz-Type := ldap-vpn, Auth-Type := ldap-vpn

        CVPN3000-IPSec-Banner1 = "Welcome to VPN group NETENG!",

        Class = "OU=neteng;",

        Fall-Through = No