Multiple LDAP (Not failover) lookup...

Eric Martell workoutexcite at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 22:41:39 CET 2006

Thanks so much Neal. You got it 95% right. The problem
is FreeRadius always authorize first (no matter what
the order in radiusd.conf) and then authenticate.

authorize {
       .
       .
       .
       ldap2
}

authenticate {
       .
       .
       .
       ldap1
}

So if the user fails in ldap2 ..module "ldap2" returns
notfound for request user xyz and thus continues to
authentication module.

(****This authorize should break the sequence and
return FAIL. I tried ldap2 { fail = return } but no
help...still returns notfound ****)

And same user in "ldap1" returns ok for request user
xyz in authentication.

Finally FreeRadius returns "Sending Access-Accept"
(Status of ldap1 auth) to the request.

Technically it should authenticate and then authorize
and send the group response (AND) of both.

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.