limiting sessions

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Wed Nov 8 00:34:04 CET 2006

Andrew Long wrote:
> I need to boot users at one property after a specified time period.
> We have adjusted the "max-daily-session" to "1800" (30 minutes),
> but users still seem to be staying on. Can someone point me in the
> right direction. The NAS is a Colubris cn3000.
>
> The other attribute we have that may apply is "max-acct-age". I am
> pretty new to this, so any detail is most appreciated.

The NAS should support Session-Timeout, which is the most common method
of time-limiting sessions.  If not, hit the vendor with a big cluebat,
as it's in the RFC.

--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au