howto get/send the fullname of an user

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Thu Nov 9 22:33:43 CET 2006

Ariel VIVES wrote:
> Alan DeKok wrote:
>> Ariel VIVES <avives at enpc.fr> wrote:
>>> Yes, and my accounts are under NIS.
>>> But i want to authenticate my users using freeradius.
>>> and it works...
>>>
>>> so it isn't possible to get additional informations with freeradius by
>>> using a shell script or with adding specific attribute ?
>>   Does the NIS documentation say you can do that with RADIUS?
>>
>>   No.
>
> Does the NIS documentation say I can't do that with RADIUS ?
>
> No.
>
> Well, with NIS I can get informations like login but also full username
> or home directory.
> My question isn't about NIS but about freeradius.
>
> So I can't tell the freeradius server to get login but alos full username ?

Short of writing your own module to retrieve the data to send with
Access-Accept, and adding attributes to the dictionary, no.

RADIUS is a AAA protocol.  Being a directory service is beyond its
scope.  PHP's NIS/YP functions are pretty easy to use, you'd be better
off using those.

--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au